Mustang Youth Soccer
Every year we host a youth camp for all K-8th grade students. The skills camp is hosted by Boys/ Girls coaching staff and players. March 19- 21st will be our 4th Annual Youth Soccer Camp. Registration is open!
Find additional information below:
We usually have about 100 boys and girls attend our soccer camp at HVHS. Our coaches have worked hard to make this another successful year.
Here is some important info about our camp:
- Camp will run from 5:45- 7:45
- Here is a map to help you with a few details- https://goo.gl/Ie8jbk
- Park at the HV parking lot and walk down the winding paved path to the stadium
- Please check your soccer player in at the registration table and help them with their name tag
- We may have some rain to contend with, at least it won't be too cold. please wear appropriate clothing
- Bring shin guards with socks that cover them. Cleats are recommended but not required.
- Water and gatorade will be provided
- Boys will be on the side of the field closest to Murphy Creek Road, Girls on the other side.
- Please meet your child on the track at 7:45 for pickup
We have a theme for each day of camp. Here is the breakdown for each day:
Day 1- Theme- Ball familiarity and mastery. Individual Ball Skills-
- Dribbling and running with the ball
- Ball control, 1v1 attacking and holding the ball versus pressure
- Increase player confidence with ball at their feet
- Ball striking fundamentals and mechanics
Day 2- Theme- Ball familiarity - Trapping and first touch
- Passing and receiving balls on the ground and from the air
- Receiving balls with intent to play away from trouble
- Passing and receiving with all parts of foot and lower body
- Continued ball striking mechanics and techniques
Day 3- Theme- Implementing skills learned
- Refresh individual dribbling, passing and receiving mechanics via fun games and competition
- Brief introduction to small sided tactical concepts and strategies
- Application and emphasis of individual skills using “numbers up” Small sided games (2v1, 3v2, 3v3v3, 3v3 with neutrals, etc.)
- Application of individual ball skills utilizing even sided Small sided games